“… G Theodoropoulos has made so much difference in my learning experience. I have studied Networking in my BSc degree, and I absolutely "hated" this module because of the way it was taught, but when this lecturer taught me, I now really love this module the most, EXCELLENT teaching approach, he has the talent to keep the student's attention throughout the lecture, the use of available resources is perfect, he is very approachable and friendly, he simply knows-what-he-is-doing! "The right person in the right place!" If it wasn't for him, I would have thought University of Birmingham is just the same as any other university!”
(MSc student, University of Birmingham)
Over the years I have taught a broad range of core computer science courses at different levels, from short professional seminars to civil and military personnel to University undergraduate and post-graduate students. I have also had a long and active role in vocational training, as a teacher, as a course director and as an expert course evaluator. Courses I have taught include:
- Management (Final Year UG, MSc, levels, Durham University)
- Distributed Systems (Final Year UG, MSc, MEng levels, University of Birmingham)
- Computer Networks (Final year UG, MSc, MEng levels, University of Birmingham)
- Software System Components (2nd year UG level, University of Birmingham)
- Computer Syste;ms Architecture (2nd year UG level, University of Birmingham)
- Introduction to Hardware Engineering (1st year UG level, University of Birmingham)
- Concurrent Software Systems and Models (tutorials and labs, 2nd year UG level, Nanyang Technological University)
- Intelligent Agents (4th year UG level, Nanyang Technological University)
- Logic Design (1st year UG level, University of Peloponnese)
- Computer Architectures and Microprocessor Design (2nd year UG level, University of Peloponnese)
- Courses leading to HND equivalent degree in private and public “Vocational Training Institutes”: Operating Systems; Programming; Computer Architecture
- Seminars for unemployed young professionals, funded by the European Social Fund: Introduction to Computers; Programming; Database Systems.
- Seminars for military personnel at the Hellenic Air Force General Staff (one year): System Architecture and Management; Database Management systems.
- Seminars for civil servants at the Institute for Continuous Training, National Centre for Public Administration and Local Government:: Internet and e-Government Technologies.
My teaching has consistently achieved exceptionally high student satisfaction rates and I have been repeatedly nominated by the students Teaching Excellence Awards. . An indicative sample of the student comments is here.