Info-Symbiotic Analytics for National Security
Social media tools have changed our world due to the way they convey information between individuals; this has led to many social movements either starting on social media or being organised and managed through this medium. At times however, certain human-induced events can trigger Human Security Threats such as Personal Security, Health Security, Economic Security or Political Security. This project develops Info-symbiotic analytics systems for dealing with National Security threats.
- Pedro Cardenas Canto, Georgios Theodoropoulos, Boguslaw Obara, Ibad Kureshi and Ioannis Ivrissimtzis, Big Data for National Security in the Era of COVID-19, The International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS2021, Krakow, Poland, 16-18 June, 2021
- Pedro Cardenas-Canto, Georgios Theodoropoulos, Boguslaw Obara, Ibad Kureshi, “Unveiling Ideological Trends Through Data Analytics to Construe National Security Instabilities”, IEEE International Conference on Big Data 2020 (IEEE BigData 2020), Deviant Activities on Social Media, December 10-13, 2020.
- Pedro Cardenas-Canto, Boguslaw Obara, Ibad Kureshi, Georgios Theodoropoulos, “Analysing Social Media as a Hybrid Tool to Detect and Interpret likely Radical Behavioural Traits for National Security”, 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2019), 3rd Workshop on Human-in-the-loop Methods and Human-Machine Collaboration in BigData, Los Angeles, USA, Dec 9-12, 2019, DOI Bookmark: 10.1109/BigData47090.2019.9006259
- P. Cárdenas, G. Theodoropoulos and B. Obara, "Web Insights for National Security: Analysing Participative Online Activity to Interpret Crises," 2019 IEEE 18th International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Cognitive Computing (ICCI*CC), Milan, Italy, 2019, pp. 235-243, DOI Bookmark: 10.1109/ICCICC46617.2019.9146090.
- Pedro Cardenas-Canto, Boguslaw Obara, Ibad Kureshi, Georgios Theodoropoulos, “Defining an Alert Mechanism for Detecting likely threats to National Security”, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2018), Seattle, WA, USA, Dec 10-13, 2018. DOI Bookmark: 10.1109/BigData.2018.8622569
- Pedro Cardenas-Canto, Georgios Theodoropoulos, Boguslaw Obara, Ibad Kureshi, “A Conceptual Framework for Social Movements Analytics for National Security” International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2018), Wuxi, China, 11-13 June, 2018. Shi Y. et al. (eds) Computational Science – ICCS 2018. ICCS 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10860. Springer, DOI Bookmark: 10.1007/978-3-319-93698-7_23